Role title: Graduate Research, Communications & Policy Assistant
Location: 33 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2
Duration: 12 month graduate traineeship with the prospect of progressing with Tuath Housing
Hours: 37 hours per week
Remuneration: €24,621 per annum
For Purpose is Ireland’s not-for-profit graduate programme. For Purpose connects not-for-profit organisations with talented graduates who are searching ‘for purpose’ in their careers and the chance to make an impact on civil society.
Graduate trainees on the For Purpose programme receive one-to-one mentoring and support throughout their traineeship. The programme provides you with the skills, support and connections to start your career in the not-for-profit sector and develop your leadership potential.
Tuath Housing is seeking to add an ambitious and dedicated Graduate, Research Communications & Policy Assistant to its team as a part of the For Purpose programme. This role will be based in Tuath’s office in Dublin and will offer the Assistant the chance to join one of Ireland’s leading approved housing bodies in the provision social housing bodies.
About Tuath Housing:
Tuath Housing provides accommodation for single people, families and those with special needs. Since its establishment in 2000, Tuath has grown to become one of Ireland’s largest approved housing bodies. The organisation currently provides and manages over 5,500 homes with offices in Dublin, Cork, Galway and Dundalk.
Tuath Housing’s motivation is not financially driven. It aims to provide long-term, safe and quality housing, at the best possible value whilst locally building mixed, sustainable communities. Tuath’s staff are essential to achieving this aim.
Purpose of the Graduate Research, Communications & Policy Assistant role: The Graduate Research, Communications & Policy Assistant will have a diverse role within Tuath Housing. The Assistant will work closely with senior staff to drive and develop the organisation’s communications activity in order to raise Tuath’s profile and expand its media attention. This role will involve organising events, researching areas and projects relating to social housing and creating content for the organisation’s social media channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter, and company website.
Are you seeking an opportunity to begin your career in the not-for-profit sector? We are looking for an ambitious graduate with the following profile:
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Planning and analytical skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and work on own initiative and also be part of a team
- A high level of organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Can-do attitude and flexible approach
- Ability to deal with problems/enquires in a diplomatic and sensitive manner
- Creativity and an ability to generate engaging communication
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours on occasions
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit/ charity sector
- Experience of working independently
- Experience of drafting and presenting reports
- Experience of research
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders
- Full, clean driving licence and daily use of car. Where prevented from this due to a disability the candidate must be able to demonstrate how they will meet the mobility requirements of the post
If your ambition is to work in the not-for profit sector, then we would like to hear from you.
The closing date for applications is the 21st February 2020.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Michael.Walsh@forpurpose.ie including “Tuath Housing: Graduate Research, Communications & Policy Assistant” as the subject of the email. For more information on For Purpose please visit www.forpurpose.ie, for more information on Tuath Housing please see www.tuathhousing.ie